In today’s guest post, Savanna, creator of Sweet and Savvy blog is sharing her blogging tips for new bloggers. If you’ve been looking for some blogging tips, don’t miss these 6 tips she learned as a brand new blogger.
Tips I’ve Learned as a New Blogger
1. Consistency is key: Consistency is a major key to blogging because it is what keeps your readers interested and coming back for more. This includes not only posting as often as you can but staying up to date with the latest trends and making sure your material is relevant. This doesn’t mean that you have to post a new blog every day, but the more often you do post, the more readers and followers you will get. If you aren’t able to post a full blog, at least try to post pictures to your Instagram and other social media outlets daily to keep your followers interested. Readers like consistency and to know when and what to expect from your blog. Do your best to stay as consistent as you can.
2. Decide which type of blog you want to write: There are so many different types of blogs out there that it is sometimes hard to distinguish where you would like to go with a new blog. In deciding what type of blog I wanted to do, I realized that the most important thing is to choose things that you are passionate about and that make you happy. This will help keep you interested and more involved in your blog and help push you to consistently improve and get better and better. It is also important to know your niche to help you focus on your target audience. No matter the topic, there will be many others out there that share your passion and will want to go along with you on your journey.
3. Plan your content ahead of time: This one is sometimes tough for me but is very important for a successful blog. With a full-time job, it was hard for me to put the extra time into planning my posts ahead of time, but I realized that this is actually a huge help with my posting! Having your posts planned ahead of time makes it so much easier when adding your content and staying consistent with your post schedule. A great tool for me was getting a planner that is only for blogging material. This way you get to jot down ideas as they come to you and never miss a post.
4. Interact: This is HUGE. Interacting with your followers and other bloggers on social media will help tremendously in growing your blog. Responding to comments from your followers is very important because it lets them know that you are listening and that you appreciate them, which will make them want to continue to come back to your blog. Also, liking and commenting on other bloggers accounts will help them become more aware of you and your blog, and make them more inclined to return the favor. This can help increase your following and I mean who doesn’t like a good compliment… Right? The more you engage with others, the more eyes that will be on your own page.
5. Hashtagging pictures: Hashtags are big! With the amount of users on Instagram and social media in general, using hashtags can be a huge key in growing your blog. Using the correct hashtags will help drive traffic to your blog because the more hashtags you use the more searches your pictures will show up in. This will help broaden your audience and make your pictures and blog way more accessible. My advice for hashtagging is to use your hashtags in the comments section of your Instagram post rather than in the header. Instagram allows you to use up to 30 hashtags on each picture, so make sure to use all of them to increase your audience! Easy trick: keep your hashtags saved in the notes section of your phone and when you are ready to post a picture you can just copy and paste them right into the comments section.
6. Be yourself: The most important factor in blogging is to to be yourself. Post content and pictures that are a direct reflection of your personality and personal style. Don’t post just because it’s a trendy topic. Followers will be able to recognize whether you are actually interested in the topics and content you are posting. Being yourself will lead you to share your best content and readers will connect with you.
Now It’s Your Turn to Share the Blogging Tips You’ve Learned as a New Blogger
I hope you enjoyed what I have learned! I would love to hear your tips and tricks as a new blogger in the comments below. Share your tips with our blogging community.
Hi! I’m Savanna, the creator of Sweet and Savvy blog! I am originally from North Myrtle Beach, SC. but recently moved to Charlotte, NC. and love it. I created Sweet and Savvy to share my love for fashion and beauty by never busting the budget (let’s be real, who doesn’t love a good deal), and my fitness journey through being an online fitness Beachbody coach. Stop by and visit my Sweet and Savvy blog, and I hope you love it! Follow along with Savanna on Twitter at @_savannara
NC Blogger Network is North Carolina’s premier community for bloggers. We bring bloggers together for events, education, networking and paid opportunities working with relevant brands. Join today!