Welcome to the next post in our series, Meet the Members. Today we’re introducing you to Anna Marie, who writes at PullOverandLetMeOut. She’s a travel writer, influencer, wife, mom, Irish dancer, and the author of “The Cottage On Lough Key.” Read more about her below then head on over to her blog to say hello!
MEET ANNA MARIE OF PULL OVER AND LET ME OUT
I’ve been blogging almost six years. I started PullOverandLetMeOut in July of 2012.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I started out as a contributor to another online publication. I was working very hard creating interesting content, conducting interviews, editing photographs, scouting out fun destinations, and driving traffic to their sight when the lightbulb came on. “Why not do this for my own sight?!” That’s when the idea of PullOverandLetMeOut.com came to life.
3. What do you blog about?
I blog about travel and focus largely on the southeastern U.S. though I do venture beyond the south on occasion. I particularly love writing about the slightly off-the-beaten-path spots we so often drive past. I love discovering places that make me say, pull over and let me out!
4. Where are you blogging from in NC?
I’m based in the Triangle and call Raleigh home. I’m originally from Maryland but have been in the area since 1992.
5. Out of all the posts you’ve written, which one (or two) would you pick as your favorite?
Part of the joy of having my own website is I typically fall in love with some aspect of the place I’m writing about this, choosing only one or two favorites is a challenge. Having been at it for a few years, several stand out. However, there are two I’ve written in recent months that were especially fun to write. ‘10 Romantic Things To Do In Fayetteville‘ was enjoyable because it gave a new perspective on a city mostly known as a military town. The other one was, ‘Why Everyone Needs To Spend A Weekend At The Lazy Bear Lodge B&B.‘ This cozy cabin getaway near Boone was so delightful, the story practically wrote itself.
6. What blog(s) do you love?
I tend to gravitate towards other travel blogs. I’ve met several wonderful travel writers at various conventions I’ve attended and I love following along and seeing what they’re up to and where they’re going. I have three favorites, Buddy The Traveling Monkey, Always 5 Star, and Kids Are A Trip.
7. What’s one piece of advice you’d offer your fellow bloggers?
I think the one piece of advice I’d offer fellow bloggers is to be consistent. As a homeschool mom, I understand it’s easy to be pulled away from what you intended to do or busy with other things, but by starting your week with a plan for your blog and consistently adhering to your plan, you will achieve your goals. Set small attainable goals so the little successes accumulate and turn into momentum.
8. What’s are three things do you know to be true?
- Through my blogging, I’ve learned some valuable lessons and truths. First, I have to enjoy what I’m doing or it will become drudgery.
- The second truth I’ve discovered is I can’t be shy about promoting my business. In order to be a successful blogger it’s crucial I’m able to effectively and professionally promote myself and my abilities.
- Finally, it’s vital to surround myself with positive people who want to see me succeed. It’s so true what they say about the company you keep having an impact on success. Tuning out the negative voices is a must!
9. Where can we find you on the web?
- Blog: pulloverandletmeout.com
- Facebook: @PullOverandLetMeOut.com
- Instagram: @annamarie_pulloverandletmeout
- Pinterest: @annamariewrites
- Twitter: @annamariewrites
10. And finally, is there anything else you’d like to add that you want people to know about you?
In addition to my travel writing at PullOverandLetMeOut.com, I am a wife, mother, pug mom, and an Irish dancer. I’ve also written a novel that takes place in both North Carolina and Ireland called ‘The Cottage on Lough Key.’ The book is available on Amazon (affiliate link). I’m busy working on my second novel and hope to have it out by the end of the year.
Did You Enjoy Meeting The NC Blogger Behind PullOverAndLetMeOut?
Make sure to give her a warm welcome by commenting below! Love meeting our NC Bloggers? Meet them all!