Today we’re introducing you to Anna of Curiouser and Curiouser as part of our Meet the Members Series. Anna’s been blogging since 2011 and writes about a little bit of everything from her role as a mother, to baking, to books, to her vegan diet. Get to know her below and say hello!
MEET NC BLOGGER, ANNA, OF CURIOUSER & CURIOUSER!
1. How long have you been blogging?
I started Curiouser and Curiouser in December of 2011, not long after getting married and moving to a new city.
2. Why did you start blogging?
My educational background is in journalism, and writing has always come easily to me. I wanted to start a blog to document things in my life — the big and the every day — and to invite people into those experiences. It’s my nature to want to share things I love, things that make me think, things I’m interested in, things I’m passionate about, and a blog gave me space to share those things.
3. What do you blog about?
My blog is intentionally broad (as its name suggests!). I write about things I would want to read about, ranging from my love of Pure Barre to baking to pregnancy (now parenting, since my daughter is here!) to books I’m reading to my vegan diet and a whole lot more. If I had to categorize my blog, it would be “Health & Wellness,” as many of my posts fall within that theme. I also recently added a podcast component onto my blog, which has been SUCH a fun extension and a way for me to introduce longer-form conversation into my blog community.
4. Where are you blogging from in NC?
Winston-Salem! My husband and I moved here from Atlanta nearly seven years ago for him to go to Wake Forest for business school, assuming we’d be here just two years. Now, WAY more than two years later, we can’t imagine living anywhere else!
5. Out of all the posts you’ve written, which one (or two) would you pick as your favorite?
- Maggie’s Birth Story
- Why I Switch to a Vegan Diet
- The Post I Never Thought I’d Write (This post isn’t a favorite because it was easy to write. It’s one I’m proud of, though, because it was very difficult to share.)
- What I Learned From My Miscarriage
6. What blog(s) do you love?
- A Foodie Stays Fit (my friend and fellow Winston-Salem blogger!)
- Eat, Live, Run
- Peanut Butter Fingers
- My Life Well Loved
7. What’s one piece of advice you’d offer your fellow bloggers?
Be genuine. If you have a personal blog like I do, your blog should reflect you: the things you love, the truths you value. You owe it to yourself and your readers to let it be a reflection of YOU — not of what you think a blog should look or sound like.
8. What’s are three things do you know to be true?
- People will say yes far more often than they’ll say no, but they can’t say yes if you don’t ask the question.
- Children really do grow and change just as quickly as everyone says they do.
- “…people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
9. Where can we find you on the web?
- Blog: curiouser-and-curiouser.com
- Facebook: @curiouserandcurisouserblog
- Instagram: @curiouserandcurisouserblog
10. And finally, is there anything else you’d like to add that you want people to know about you?
I’m best when my plate is full, and so I always have lots of balls in the air. In addition to blogging, I work full time as the Marketing and Communications Manager for an after school enrichment company, I’m a Beautycounter consultant (spreading the word about safer skincare and makeup), I’m a freelance writer/marketer, and I’m a podcaster. I’m also a wife and mom. (My husband, Kevin, is co-founder of Fulton & Roark men’s grooming, and my daughter, Maggie)
Did You Enjoy Meeting The NC Blogger Behind Curiouser & Curiouser!?
If you’re not following along with Anna yet, take a moment to do so. Say hello and let her know you found her through this post.