Happy Friday! It’s time for another Meet the Members feature and today, we’re featuring Shamikia of Beauty Fold blog. She’s been an NC Blogger Network member since December 2016. If you haven’t had the chance to meet her yet, now’s a great time to get to know her.
1. How long have you been blogging?
I’ve been blogging on and off for six years now. Although I took a break from blogging some years ago, I’m looking to stay consistent with blogging in the years to come.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I started out with a YouTube channel dedicated to healthy hair growth. From there, brands began to reach out to me to promote their beauty products. To reach a broader audience for my partners, I started my blog, and, it has been an amazing experience working with brands, and engaging with those of like interests.
3. What do you blog about on Beauty Fold?
On my blog, you’d find mostly anything related to beauty and fashion, and home renovation and design. Main topics are about makeup tutorials, shopping discounts, beauty product reviews, and home renovation and design techniques to help increase the value of a home.
4. Where are you blogging from in NC?
I live in the wonderful city of Charlotte, NC.
5. Out of all the posts you’ve written, which one (or two) would you pick as your favorite?
The article I wrote about refreshing your space which is great for anyone who’s looking to update their home without having to spend tons of money on renovations. I also like the product review I did for Whitmor Makeup Organizer. It wasn’t a sponsored post, I just really liked the product that much that I had to write about it.
6. What blog(s) do you love?
I love the fashion blogger, Maytedoll. I discovered her on YouTube years ago, when she was doing cheap fashion series on Kim Kardashian’s outfits. It’s interesting to see how Mayte’s style has evolved over the years.
7. What’s one piece of advice you’d offer your fellow bloggers?
Always go where your heart leads you, but don’t leave your mind behind. It’s important to always put yourself first in blogging. Don’t partner with a brand only for the money, but accept partnerships that make sense for you and your readers.
8. What’s are three things do you know to be true?
- Blogging isn’t easy, but it’s manageable.
- Research is very important in blogging.
- Building success takes time, but with the right tools, it can be achieved.
9. Where can we find you and Beauty Fold on the web?
- Blog: www.beautyfold.com
- Facebook: @beautyFOLD
- Instagram: @beautyfold
- Twitter: @beautyfold
- Google+: +beautyfold
And finally, is there anything else you’d like to add that you want people to know about you – professional affiliations, any other place they can find you, etc.
I’m a part of several blogging networks, including SheSpeaks Blogging Society. As a SheSpeaks Influencer, you can find my articles on their website.