I live in a tourist destination. When I visit other tourist-y destinations, I research (a lot) on what we can do with our toddler. This wasn’t an issue until 3.5 years ago, when our boy was born. Before we could just get up and go (within reason) and didn’t have to worry about a little guy and everything that could entertain him.
So if you currently live in Asheville, NC or are considering visiting Asheville, here are 10 things you can do with your child in our fair city.
1. In the summer months, visit Splasheville. Unless it’s closed, which it was most of last summer. It’s a great splash pad.
2. Mountain Play Lodge. This is especially great on rainy/super cold days for kids 12 and under.
3. Biltmore. Biltmore will always be on my list, and they have a great playground and petting farm for children.
4. WNC Nature Center. They have otters, walking trails and a slide. Need I say more?
5. Asheville Tourists minor league baseball game.
I’m a 30-something-year-old living in Asheville, NC with my husband, toddler boy and cat. I’m a girl of many trades. I run, craft, sew and so much more.